Cooking a flavorful keto cube steak may seem challenging, but this easy recipe proves it’s not. Though this dish may not be as pretty but it’s definitely delicious and it’s made with a few simple ingredients that give it a deep earthy taste.
And the best part is that it’s highly customizable so you’ll never get tired of eating it!
Keto Cube Steak Recipe
No matter what anyone tells you, the secret to any low carb cubed steak recipe is time. Minute steaks are typically made with beef that comes from the top or bottom round.
Since these cuts contain a high amount of collagen, they require more cooking time to become tender.
This is why this recipe is made using a crock pot, even though it could be cooked on the stove top or air fryer.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Steak – This recipe is made with cubed steak, but you can also substitute it with round steak.
Mushrooms – The low carb content of mushrooms make them a great compliment to any ketogenic dish.
Heavy Cream – Used as a base for the mushroom gravy.
Cream Cheese – Blends with heavy cream to add a rich taste and smooth texture to the gravy.
Beef Broth – Adds a touch of umami flavor.
How to Cook It?
- Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sear steaks in a heated cast iron skillet.
- Remove the steaks from the pan.
- Mix the heavy cream, cream cheese, and beef broth in a bowl.
- Cook the steak along with the mushrooms and gravy in a crock pot. (full recipe down below)
Tips and Variations
- Eggs and Cheddar: Garnish the steak with scrambled eggs.
Eggs can add a tremendous amount of flavor when they get combined with the cheese.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: You can cut out the mushrooms as well as the heavy cream and cream cheese and substitute them with 12 oz cream of mushroom soup.
This will lower the calories of the dish and make it lighter.
- Chicken Fried Steak: Dredge the steaks in almond flour and parmesan, then dip them in cream and eggs.
Fry on each side until crisp.
- Breakfast Sandwich: Pan frying the steaks is a great way to turn them into a healthy breakfast sandwich.
You Should Also Try: Chicken Pasta with Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce in the Crockpot
You can store the cube steaks in the fridge and consume them in the next 3 to 5 days.
To keep the taste inside better I also recommend covering the dish with plastic wrap.
↑ Click stars to rate now!
Easy Keto Cube Steak for CrockPot
- 2 pounds cube steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz cream cheese
- Season the steaks with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet pan.
- Sear the stakes on both sides for 2 - 3 minutes or until they brown.
- Chop the mushrooms and onions and add them to the steaks inside the crockpot.
- Mix the heavy cream, cream cheese, beef broth, and garlic powder in a large bowl. If using Cream Mushroom Soup, skip the heavy cream and creamed cheese.
- Cook the stakes along with the gravy in a slow cooker set on "Low" for 6 to 8 hours.
↑ Click stars to rate now!
I do my best to provide you with the nutritional information for recipes but I'm not a certified nutritionist. The nutritional information provided should only be treated as an estimate since it will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.